Essex Power League Volleyball Rules
1. Games to 21, 23 point cap. Need 11 points for a game to count as a win.
2. No players can switch teams after the second week without approval of both team captains and the commissioners.
3. Subs/Guest Players (not on any roster) can play on more then one team, but not on the same night and not in the final night of regular play or the playoffs night.
4. Players already on rosters cannot play on any other team. No one can play on two different teams in one night, even with permission of both captains, unless one team declares a forfeit.
5. To play in the last night of regular play and/or the playoffs, all players must be on a team roster and have played at least two nights during the season.
6. The first serve of the game is always given to the team playing closest to the wall.
7. Referees will ref forfeited matches as if they were scheduled matches.
8. The official ball of play in this league is the Official Men's Molton Pro Touch and should be used in all games.
9. Four players are required for a team to play. If playing quads, a back row player cannot hit in front of the ten foot line. There are no ghost players.
10. If an additional player arrives mid-game the team must take a time out to place the new player in the correct position. A 6th player must enter in the middle back. A 5th player must enter in the back left (not serving position).
11. For standings, after removing the two bye week teams the league is divided into four brackets: (1-4) (5-8) (9-13) (14-18). A team cannot move up or down more then one bracket in the standings each week. Although we play in three division (1-6) (7-12) (13-18). This is done so teams play other teams closer to their level of play. If the first place team is missing players the first week and goes 0-6, no one (except maybe the second place team) want them to play an intermediate team in the very bottom bracket.
12. Set up, take down and clean up teams are required to set up and take down nets and set up and breakdown score boards, clean up at the end of the night, and help carry equipment to the car.
13. Unless an error in the schedule (not previous weeks win-loss record) is discovered there will be no changing of schedule after it is posted on Thursday.
14. Penalties for forfeiting: Teams showing up with less that 4 team players will forfeit 1 game per match. Teams that do not show up at all and have not called the commissioners 2 days in advance (call or email by midnight Tuesday) will forfeit 2 games per match and get additional set up take down duties.
15. In most cases, we do not have professional refs. Please do not abuse the refs. Only the captains should speak to the refs and refs are allowed to remove a player from a game. Everyone is trying there best - give them a break!
16. The scorekeeper on court #1 is assigned to blow the horn at the beginning and end of each match.
17. HAVE FUN !!!!